Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

What is a Mother, Webster’s dictionary defines a mother as;
“a female parent”.

Another dictionary defines it as;

a term of address for a female parent or a woman having or regarded as having the status, function, or authority of a female parent.

While both of this are technically correct I think the latter of the two is a better definition. Let me take this time to tell you about just who my mother is.

Her name is Betsy Ann Hagood, she is the daughter of Joseph and Jewel Ray, Widow of Ronald Eugene Hagood Sr, and mother to myself Ronald Eugene Hagood Jr. Those titles however don’t even begin to scratch the surface of who she is.

For the last twenty-two years my Mother has gone to the Jefferson County Nursing Home at Keytona and has sung for the residence there. She started this ministry when my grandmother and grandfather were both still residence there. Both of them have gone on to their Heavenly homes now, but she still takes the time every Sunday to go sing for the residents that are still there, often saying “Even though my mother and father are no longer here, God has blessed me with all these other mothers and fathers to love.”

She has also started within the last two years of speaking to anyone who will listen and just simply greeting them by saying “Jesus loves you and I do too, hope you have a great day.”

What makes her a mother though is dealing with myself. Anyone who knows me can say that will all that my Mother has had to do, I am probably one of her greatest challenges. She has always been there to support me in no matter what I do, whether it is shooting video for a hockey team, or mud racing, or traveling for a summer following an Arena football team, she has always been there to help me when I need the help.

In closing my Mother is one of the most Godliest, loving, beautiful people I know and I am blessed to say that she is my Mother and my friend.

To steal a line from her, Just remember that Jesus loves you and I do to, have a blessed and wonderful Mothers day.

No comments:

Post a Comment