Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

As hockey season begins to come to a close, today officially starts one of my favorite sports, stock car racing. Before I go on, yes I will admit I am a redneck. I love NASCAR and all the history involved with it. Growing up in Birmingham, Alabama I was a fan of the Alabama Gang. I along with thousands of Alabamians cried and cried till we couldn't cry anymore when Davey was killed. I was 13 at the time and it nearly broke my love of racing. That was then this is now, my favorite driver is Tony Stewart, when asked why I always state because he is the last of the old school racers. The drivers who would spin you out in order to win the race, and smile while they were doing it. I also like the Busch brothers, Kyle because in all the years I have followed NASCAR there have only been a handful of drivers I have seen that can do what he does with a car or truck. The only reason I like Kurt is he is an Alabama football fan. Lastly I am also a fan of Kevin Harvick, for a driver who was put on the big stage of NASCAR when and why he was, I think he has carried that weight better than most people would have. Anyways that is why I love this time of year, here is hoping your favorite driver has a good season, just not as good as mine. Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment