Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tipping, Not a City in China

While this blog is still young I might as well get this out of my system. Most of my friends know where I am going with this post. For the last 3 years and 2 months I have worked at a job that is somewhat tip dependent. Ok I'll admit it I am a pizza delivery driver. The company I work for currently charges a $1.99 delivery fee for every order. Well unfortunately people see the phrase "delivery fee" and assume that is a tip for the driver, well it's not. That delivery fee is the companies way of making sure that the mileage they pay the driver doesn't come out of their pockets. As a delivery driver I am responsible for all car maintenance, insurance, and any other expense thy goes with owning a car. In a nutshell the next time you decide to order a pizza for delivery no matter if it takes 15 minutes or an hour if your pizza is hot and the driver is polite tip him accordingly, you never know it might just be the extra dollar you tip that they need to make their next payment on something. I'm not gonna make this just about me as I know many people in the service industry. They all work hard for there money and no matter how bad their day has been they are supposed to provide service with a smile. If they do that be sure you tip accordingly, cause they work just as hard as you do for their money.

No comments:

Post a Comment